The Lancaster family has operated a business in downtown
Clinton, Michigan for over 100 years.
Beginning in the 1930s, automobile insurance was sold at the "Lancaster Garage,” a Ford dealership since 1912. When a customer bought a vehicle, they could also purchase insurance on that vehicle.
In 1961, the family purchased the property insurance business from the local bank and combined it with their existing auto insurance business, establishing Lancaster Agency Inc. an independent insurance sales agency.
In 1992, the office was expanded to its current size. This business has continued to grow and is now the main provider of insurance sales in Clinton and surrounding areas. Our sales territory extends throughout the Lower Peninsula of Michigan.
Pictured to the right, George E. Lancaster stands with a '59 Ford Fairlane.